Re: problems starting KDE after xorg update

I figured it out.  For some reason, following the upgrade, the loopback
interface wasn't binding to 127.0.0.1.  So whenever KDE made RPC calls (which
it does frequently for some things, including a lot of font-related things),
it hung, waiting to timeout.

Sorry to bother...

Dan Keshet

--