Re: kmail deposits attachments in /tmp....

El miércoles, 25 de octubre de 2006 07:48, Greg Madden escribió:
> Sorry for the rant . I am using the latest kmail/kontact Etch, 1.9.5,
> KDE 3.5.5, updated a couple of days ago, kdelibs updated today. If I
> click on an attachment for a filtered/archived email I get /tmp... does
> not exist. If I do a save as I can go to the saved location and it
> works. No lost data but not an optimal solution.
>
> Addendum it doesn't happen on all filtered emails ?? Just the most
> important one :-)

	In fact, the attachment procedure is a little more complicated that simply
click in the link displayed in the body of any particular mail.

	When you click in it, KMail saves the attachment in the usual dir
(/tmp/kde-whatever/blabla), and removes it *when you change to another mail*.
So if you click on a .doc, and while OpenOffice is loading you change the
active mail, OO will end with "XXX.doc not found".

	I do not know if this explains what is happening to you.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
I once farted on the set of Blue Lagoon.
		-- Brooke Shields (South Park).