noatun and kaboodle config

Hi all,
Here's a simple one that I can't find after a few hours of searching. I'm
using Noatun 2.10.0 with KDE 3.5.5 on a Debian Etch box. I'm having
problems with my xv video driver so I'd like to be able to switch to xgl. I
can do this with kaffein but not with either noatun nor kaboodle.
As of now, both noatun and kaboodle default to xv which means I don't see
any image. Can someone give me a clue about how to change the video driver
for these kde apps.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Jonathan