Re: Any KDE way of reencoding id3 tags?

Christoph Burgmer wrote, On 2006-11-02 05:55:
Hi list,

I'm living in the 21st century and just can't understand why my favourite software isn't able to display the id3 tags given to my mp3s. Support of multiple languages is something not only nice to have but something obligatory. Long story short: I can't work with my mp3s encoded in gbk*. Amarok developers aren't willing to support a method of specifying the encoding, so I end up with nothing but a hint to use easytag to convert them manually. easytag though again is ranting about some buggy version of "id3lib" and I am not willing to apply a patch.
Is there any help for somebody in a situation like this?

Thanks for any hints
Christoph Burgmer

What is gbk* ?

Although it is GTK+ based, exfalso seemed to be the best tag editor I could find in Debian unstable. I haven't done batch conversions although they appear to be supported - my needs were more along the line of utf-8 support.

Arthur.