Re: kmail deposits attachments in /tmp....

El Miércoles, 25 de Octubre de 2006 07:48, Greg Madden escribió:
> Sorry for the rant . I am using the latest kmail/kontact Etch, 1.9.5,
> KDE 3.5.5, updated a couple of days ago, kdelibs updated today. If I
> click on an attachment for a filtered/archived email I get /tmp... does
> not exist. If I do a save as I can go to the saved location and it
> works. No lost data but not an optimal solution.
>
> Addendum it doesn't happen on all filtered emails ?? Just the most
> important one :-)
>
> Addendum 2, now it works like it is supposed to. Sorry for the noise.

Attachments are saved in the same place as the rest of the email. When, and
only when you open an attachment, the content is extracted, decoded, and
_copied_ to /tmp, because, e.g., Openoffice.org doesn't knows how to read
emails, so it works in the copied file.

I noticed that sometimes, oo.org doesn't opens two files from kmail, but the
rest of KDE apps do, so I assume a problem in OO.org, not in kmail.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://barnacity.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net