kmail deposits attachments in /tmp....

I just discovered that kmail stores attachments in /tmp/kde-user/.. I
filter my clients mails to the appropriate client folder but the
attachment goes to /tmp. I a guessing here but if I reboot my box /tmp
is emptied, no more attachments. This is completely unacceptable to have
attachments in /tmp being deleted. What is the logic behind attachments
in /tmp and how can I archive my emails + attachments together without
jumping through a bunch of @#$#@@ !

I know theere is no warranty for gpl software for any particular use but
this is absurd.

Sorry for the rant, I just lost important business related attachments.

--
Greg Madden