Re: PDF Context menu problem

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 16:18:41 -0400
Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> wrote:

> Hi. Running up-to-date Sid.
>
> I'm having a strange problem with the context menu and auto-launch
> for PDF. I want the default to be Kpdf, since that has been the most
> reliable for opening PDFs for viewing. (graphics, orientation, that
> sort of thing)
>
> No matter how many times I changed the order in "file associations",
> KGhostView continued to be the default, and continued to show up
> first in the right-click context menu.
>
> By _removing_ KGhostView, it finally vanished from the context menu
> and Kpdf is the default. But in order to do that I had to also remove
> the meta-package "kdegraphics".
>
> Any idea what might have caused this?
>
> Curt-

On my Etch box Kghostview is not listed as a choice for viewing PDF
files. The 'file association dialog' seems to work as expected here.
Can you remove kghostview from the choices, and not delete it from your
box?

Once you have installed the meta group 'kdegraphics' you no longer need
it, unless a new app is added to the group.

--
Greg Madden