Kmail: Make IMAP available offline?

Hello,

is there a possibility of making IMAP folders available offline?

I'm a notebook user and sometimes need to look up mails in my IMAP accounts,
but I can't if I don't have a network connection. Can I make them available
offline?

My accounts are configured as IMAP - I didn't try "disconnected IMAP" yet.
Does the IMAP-server have to have special "disconnected IMAP"-features or can
I just use any IMAP server with "disconnected IMAP" in kmail?

Thanks for any help,

   Christian