Re: Using search index within KDE help center

Matt Sicker wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 August 2006 11:01 am, Andre Massing wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have been wondering for a while how to use the search index within
>> KDE help center. After successfully building a search index
>> (involving the application manuals) it is not clear to me how to
>> actual use the index.

> Which program do you have installed that adds that?  Kerry+Beagle
> doesn't seem to add that.

AFAIK I haven't installed any special program for getting this additional
entry (called "Build search index") in the "Settings" menu. But in order to
actually build that index I had to install the htdig package, which is
suggested by khelpcenter. BTW I use sid and KDE 3.5.4.
It is unclear to me why to provide to build a search index without giving a
hint in the documentation how to actually *use* it...But probably I am just to
eyeless to find the right button :-)

Regards,
Andre