Re: KDE

El Jueves, 31 de Agosto de 2006 04:53, Terry Henderson escribió:
> On 8/30/06, Alejandro Exojo <suy@badopi.org> wrote:
> > If you removed the backports.org entry, you can try to remove all
> > installed packages from there (ask for help if don't know how), including
>
> How?

There are some ways of doing it. If you use aptitude, and you have the sources
added, there is a key that matches every package from there: aptitude
remove '~Abackports'.

Other way to do it, is trying to match the name of all packages downloaded
from backports. If I recall correctly all backports have some special string
in the debian version. You can try:

dpkg -l | awk '$3 ~ /backports/ {print $2}' | xargs dpkg --purge

>   KDE. If you
>
> > get rid of all packages from backports, you can install KDE from a safe
> > source again.
>
> Not sure which ones I need to get rid of.  (Did not make a list and
> don't know for sure what all was installed.)
> Maybe there's some method to finding which ones were installed from
> backports?

Yes, see above.

> > And if you need up to date KDE and openoffice, maybe you can just
> > dist-upgrade to testing (etch) or unstable. I'm not using it, but I think
> > it's close to being frozen.
>
> Is this correct?:
> apt-get dist-upgrade etch

No. You must change the sources.list first. I strongly suggest you, that
before you proceed, take a good look to an APT manual. Better if it's the
aptitude manual, because is a lot powerful (and easy at mid/long term) than
just apt-get.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://barnacity.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net