Re: automount settings

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 14:24, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Am Dienstag 22 August 2006 14:02 schrieb pol:
> > <posted & mailed>
> >
> > > Did you install ivman or usbmount? If yes, remove them...
> >
> > I have removed usbmount
> >
> > However I fail to access my pendrive, konqueror returning the following:
> >

> >   A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this
> > message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected
> > message had interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount"
> > error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal"
>
> This is mailing list with an archieve. The purpose of such is that it is
> possible to look at it. See thread "New KDE (3.5.4) will break mouting of
> removeable devices"
>
> HS

since you seem familiar with the thread you could have saved me and probably a
bunch of other people the trouble of reading through 20 developer Emails
about patches and other fixes - this is a debian-user list isn it?

anyways somewhere in that thread I read that a "new" version of hal will fix
the problem.  Installing hal from unstable worked in my case.

Chris

--
Bodenstedtstr. 13
D-30173 Hannover