Re: Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream

2006. június 23. 19:17,
Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570@sbcglobal.net>
-> debian-kde@lists.debian.org,:
Fathi Wrote:(Excuse the man reply, not subscribed and forgot to request
copying my email.)

>> a bit out of topic:
>>
>> x-mplayer2.desktop is shipped now with kdelibs to avoid media players
>> conflict. Previously, it is shipped with both kaffeine and kmplayer,
>> which are the recommended media players for kde.
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Fathi

Thanks for the reply. Not getting anything from the users list as they are
flaming over "how to reply to list"
OK, I have all three packages listed above installed under Sid. As a matter
of fact they have all been reinstalled with aptitude and everything
mentioned in my post are still with me. got any ideas how I might get
internet video files to play using Mozilla browser in kde. I have googled
quite a bit and find no solution that works for me. Any help of any kind is
most appreciated.
If you want to play video files embedded into Firefox or Mozilla (or Netscape :) then you should try out the 'mplayerplug-in' [1] mozilla plugin. If you don't need the embedding, then after downloading (even a wmv or ra playlist file) you can play those with mplayer.

Daniel

[1] - http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/

--
LeVA

Thanks for the input. I have the deb package, mozilla-mplayer (3.25-7),
installed and just reinstalled along with kdelibs. It says that it provides mplayerplug-in and it's an all deb package. Shouldn't that
suffice? I did visit the link and would have downloaded a binary if
there was one. It appeared that only source code was available and I
don't compile. Am I ok with just the mozilla-mplayer package?
Thanks for any feedback,

Leonard Chatgnier