Re: Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream

Fathi Wrote:
a bit out of topic:

x-mplayer2.desktop is shipped now with kdelibs to avoid media players conflict. Previously, it is shipped with both kaffeine and kmplayer, which are the recommended media players for kde.

cheers,

Fathi

I have installed, and just recently aptitude reinstalled, all three packages
mentioned above and the problem still exists. Also have a couple of posts on
Debian Users and KDE lists with no resolution. All actions mentioned in my
post were made after the reinstall and prior to this post. Done a lot of Googling but haven't found a solution that works for me. I have been able to
play videos with firefox(using kmplayer) and konqueror(using kaffeine) but not
with the Mozilla browser. Any help/suggestions to get Mozilla to play video files
are most welcome and needed as I have exhausted my abilities.
Thanks for any help,

Leonard Chatagnier