Re: Repost-No Reply-Fwd: MPlayer Wont Work Under Sid-2.6.16-1-686

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 10:03:21AM -0700, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> Reposting because need help and haven't gotten a
> response. Thanks for any help.

> > Yahoo video player wont play with a greyed out
> > screen
> > coming up during the last stages of loading. A
> > greyed
> > out screen appears with teal green double cross that
> > gives the following message upon clicking it: "This
> > application contains information of the
> > type(application/x-mplayer2) that can only be viewed
> > with the appropriate plug-in." The title bar above
> > the
> > message is "X Default Plugin" My Mozilla about
> > plug-ins show that mime type
> > "application/x-mplayer2"
> > is enabled with suffix *. I'm sure that I'm

If this is for following links under KDE, check what programs are
associated with application/x-mplayer2.  KDE may not be calling Mozilla
plugins at all.

Go in to menu Konqueror - Configure - File Associations (I don't know
the French names I'm afraid).  Open the tree for 'applications' and
scroll down a long way to application/x-mplayer2.

If application/x-mplayer2 isn't in the list, then click on Add and add
x-mplayer2 as a type to the 'application' group, then click on it and
open the two tabs as below.

But hopefully it will be there and you just have to change the
associations !  Click on that entry and you'll see two tabs, General
for opening links in a new window and Embedding for including them as
<OBJECT> etc inside a web page.

Click on the Embedding tab, and if you see 'nspluginviewer' or 'Netscape
plugin viewer' then highlight it and Move Up to the top.

If it's not there then you have to Add it and then move it to the top.

When this is all done, check at the top of the embedding tab that it's
set to "Show file in embedded viewer".  Finally press OK and it should
be done.

Hope this gets you somewhere, it's worth checking.

Nick