Re: can't log into SourceForge with Konqueror

On Thursday 15 June 2006 01:41, D. Michael 'Silvan' McIntyre wrote:

> So last night I went to edit a bug report or something, and realized I
> wasn't logged in.  So I tried to log in, and every time I entered the
> password and hit the button, Konqueror spun for a few moments, and then
> dumped me unceremoniously back at the login page to make another futile
> attempt at logging in.

This behavior can be caused by Konqueror not being able to contact the KDE
cookie service, which runs as part of kded.
It usually means that kded is not running (has crashed or hasn't started
properly).

Check if kded is running and if it isn't if starting it helps with the login
problem.
Would be interesting though why it crashed (assuming that is the problem here)

Cheers,
Kevin