can't log into SourceForge with Konqueror

I find I can suddenly no longer log into SourceForge with Konqueror.  It (and
several other sites) have been having problems with the [x] Remember Me box
working, but it has been very hit or miss.  I might have to log in at SF by
hand once a week or so, and get the "we remember you" all the other times.

So last night I went to edit a bug report or something, and realized I wasn't
logged in.  So I tried to log in, and every time I entered the password and
hit the button, Konqueror spun for a few moments, and then dumped me
unceremoniously back at the login page to make another futile attempt at
logging in.

Nothing in my system setup has changed in long enough I'm sure this isn't
upgrade or configuration related.  My user config is a ~/.kde directory I've
been adding layers on top of for years, probably since 3.0 came out.  I've
had occasional problems with old *rc files after upgrades, but it has been 10
days since my last upgrade (Sid), and this SF problem just appeared out of
nowhere, after I had been using it off and on for hours.

I've already gotten confirmation from several others that it isn't that
SourceForge has somehow broken compatibility with Konqueror.  It's got to be
something here.

What might it be?  I'm really at a loss what could have gone wrong, and about
all I can think of to do is start blindly swapping out configuration files
for clean new ones.

--
D. Michael 'Silvan' McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>

Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/