Re: knode doesn't strip signatures

Ritesh Raj Sarraf on Sunday 11 Jun 2006 21:40 wrote:

> My signature file uses just the text and not any of the signature indicat=
> ors
> you've mentioned. I guess that's the job of the News/Email application to=
> add
> proper signature indicator when you define it to use signature from a fil=
> e.
>
> So that makes me wonder why my posts would include multiple signature ind=
> icators
> as you've mentioned.
>
> Do signed messages fall into this category ?
>
> But then I've tried my own messages with Kmail and Kmail does the job cor=
> rectly.
>
> Interestingly when I see my own messages in Knode, it's all scrambled. It=
> 's
> shown exactly as you've mentioned.
>
> The charset shown for the composer is iso8859-1. Can this be the issue ?
> Also I use gmane for all mailing lists. I'm not sure if that's the reason=

OKay! I think I caught the problem.

If I sign the message while posting/replying, the text gets screwed. I'm posting
this message without signing it and I hope this will remain proper.

Do others sign messages using Knode without such problems ??

Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com