Mozilla Mplayer freezes On All Internet videos

Running unstable with 2.6.8-3-686 and 2.6.16-1-686
kernels installed along with mozilla mplayer,
realplayer 10, noatum, xmms, kaffeine, mozilla and
firefox browsers installed. w32codecs and all other
netscape/mozilla plugins are installed. Have just
upgraded to unstable from sarge. Have visited the
mozilla plugins site and tried out all the listed
install, setup, configure instructions to no avail.
Have modified my mplayerplug-in.conf file according to
site instruction to no avail. Have purged and
installed mozilla mplayer several time to no avail.
Actually the first time to run a video the mplayer ran
the vidoe but no sound played.  My audio card is
YMF-724F.                                  My
/home/lchata/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf is copied
below: I suspet there is something wrong in this file
but don't know what it might be. Mplayer does play the
test.mov and mp3 files but without sound. Be happy to
supply any other info requested. I've done all I know
to do and need some help/guidance to resolve this
issue. Plz copy my email address as I'm not
subscribed. Thanks.

lchata@DELLXPST450:~$ cat
/home/lchata/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf
debug=2
vo=xv,x11
ao=arts,esd,oss
cachesize=512