Re: kde unwillingly starting

I used your suggested command. The default was:
/usr/bib/kwin

I selected the second alternative of window manager as default:
/usr/X11R6/bin/mwm

At boot there are slight differences, such as the printer being switched on
with less noise (this automatic switching on is also a consequence of the
upgrading) but KDE starts automatically as before.

francesco