Re: making fonts available for KDE

On Wed, 10 May 2006, D. Michael 'Silvan' McIntyre wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 6:27 am, Baron Christophe wrote:
>
> > But I can't manage KDE to use them.
>
> Something is probably broken with Debian's automated font management stuff,
> but I'm sure I'm too stupid to fix it.
>
> When this happens to me, I use KDE's font installer to find and install them
> manually.  That's probably not a "real solution," but it gets me there today,
> without making my head hurt trying to read grossly out-dated font
> documentation.
>
> It's in the Control Center.  System Administration -> Font Installer

	I think I've noticed that, too, but had been more occupied with
just getting decent printouts.  I'm running sarge (upgraded from woody),
and there is no doubt in my mind that there are probably a bunch of fonts
on my system that I haven't reached.

	Are you using CUPS?  I managed to get my printer(s) working by
using the KDE print wizard.  Do you use different fonts for display versus
printing?  Did you install the package containg Microsoft fonts?
(msttcorefonts (1.2) [contrib])  I installed this package in the belief
that I would have a better display on my monitr.

	I like KDE and look forward to using it on my other box running
etch.