Re: kdm/xorg7 Xsession issue?

Dnia piątek, 5 maja 2006 10:31, Tim Ruehsen napisał:
> Hi,
>
> today, logins to kdm failed... after typing in user/pw and hitting login,
> the login screen reappeared (for all users). No hints in /var/log. After
> doing all of the well known work-arounds I found the problem:
>
> /etc/kd3/kdm/Xsession sources /etc/X11/Xsession in it's last line.
> This failed cause I removed /etc/X11/Xsession a long time ago. I did this
> because I somewhere found a hint/message to do so, because
> /etc/X11/Xsession has been replaced by /etc/kde3/kdm/Xsession.
>
> So something changed with xorg7 regarding Xsession? Or did I really mistook
> something which convinced me to remove /etc/X11/Xsession?
> Should I put this into the wiki?
>
> Please tell me your opinion.
>
> Tim
I have noticed exactly the same thing.
It was caused by newly introduced xfree86-common package, which removed
Xsession file.
The quickiest solution is to rename /etc/X11/Xsession.xfree86
to /etc/X11/Xsession.
More info can be found on google.

Regards,
Robert

W polskim Internecie są setki milionów stron. My przekazujemy Tobie tylko najlepsze z nich!
http://katalog.panoramainternetu.pl/