Re: Stuck in "posix"

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 13:19:00 -0400, Curt Howland wrote:
> On Thursday 04 May 2006 12:38, Florian Kulzer was heard to say:
> > I think "POSIX" is the default if you don't set anything yourself.
> > (I hope I did not totally misunderstand your question...)
>
> Not quite. Am I to conclude then that everybody everywhere has "POSIX"
> unless they set it specifically in a script?

That's how it was on my desktop and my laptop (which both run Sid).
However, that might be because I selected "non-matching" options during
install (timezone, keyboard layout, language). Maybe things are
different if you don't use expert mode and just specify your country
directly.

> I wonder, then, how the earlier person had "=en_GB" as everything? He
> certainly hadn't set them all by script.

I think it would be enough to just set LANG or LC_ALL. I don't know if
Debian has a more elegant way to achieve this.

--
Regards,
          Florian