Re: unstable in temporal flux :)

El jueves, 4 de mayo de 2006 16:06, Lorenzo Bettini escribió:
> David Martínez Moreno wrote:
> > El viernes, 14 de abril de 2006 11:12, Florian Kulzer escribió:
> > 	All these questions (and probably others) are answered on the XSF
> > transition Wiki (http://wiki.debian.org/Xorg69To7). Please give us your
> > solutions if there is no one for you. :-)
>
> Hi there
>
> I followed the advices on that page (and indeed I managed to make the
> nvidia module work thanks to it), however, while on my desktop
> everything works fine, on my laptop it does not: I cannot run startx as
> a standard user (while I can as root), since I get this error:
>
> Fatal server error:
> Cannot move old log file ("/var/log/Xorg.0.log ......)
>
> can anybody help please?
>
> I think this is the actual problem (I couldn't start any session from
> kde, and so I tried to run startx manually and got this...)

	Strange, I upgraded yesterday from 6.8.2 to 7.0 and it went smoothly, I did
not have to make anything.

	Could you please if this binary has the same permissions?:

ender@polgara:/tmp$ ls -l `which X`
-rwsr-sr-x 1 root root 18360 abr 28 06:23 /usr/bin/X

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
Buzz Lightyear: You killed my father!
Emperor Zurg: No, Buzz...I am your father.