Re: libglib2 error with aRts

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 00:30, David Jarvie wrote:
> I run a self-compiled KDE (using the latest vanilla KDE sources) on etch.
> Recently, aRts sound has not worked since an upgrade to libglib2.0-0. The
> console error message when I try to open a sound file is:
>
> ***MEMORY-ERROR***: [13057]: GSlice: failed to allocate 248 bytes
> (alignment: 256): Invalid argument
>
> When I tried downgrading to libglib2.0-0_2.8.6, aRts worked again, but
> because that breaks other packages, I have reinstalled the current
> libglib2.0-02.10.2-1, even though aRts fails.
>
> How can I make aRts work with the new libglib2.0-0? I have tried
> recompiling aRts more than once, but it doesn't help. Presumably the
> official Debian arts package works, so it must be possible to fix this.

I use the official KDE packages on sid, and after the latest update aRts is
also refusing to work, with repeated messages "Sound server fatal error:
cpu overload, aborting". Just trying to restart it locks up the Control
Center. As I also have libglib2.10.2-1 I suspect that official package also
has the problem. I have not managed to get as far as getting a console error
message.

Mark Niven