Re: KDE 3.5 taskbar usability issue

On Sunday 23 April 2006 16:19, Florian Kulzer wrote:

> > I also like my "common" tasks, like KMail or Gaim, to always be on all
> > desktops.  That also then puts those flush-left, always, which makes more
> > grouping sense to me.
>
> Have you ever tried the "kompose" package? It is similar to Exposé for
> Mac OS X. With a keyboard shortcut (or a configurable mouse movement)
> you get a graphical overview of all application windows, grouped by
> desktop.  Then you can just click on the one you want. A very nice way
> to switch to the right window if you are a "visual" person.

Toyed with it briefly.  Didn't really care for it, but then I don't care for
Expose, or really anything Mac for that matter. :-)  (Expose is a solution to
the "losing too many windows" problem, which systems that have a proper task
bar and proper Alt-Tab support don't have in the first place.)  Kompose also
doesn't allow for keyboard-based switching, AFAIK.

Yes, I'm a very visual person who likes screen placement to be just right, and
then does everything with a keyboard whenever possible.  I don't claim to
make complete sense, but that's how I work. :-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson