Re: network configuration

Christian Surlykke wrote:

> Installed network-manager and it connected to my wireless network at home
> out of the box. I agree that it seems a very promising tool.
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> - The network-manager documentation talks about lists of 'trusted'
> and 'preferred' networks. Does anybody know how to define and edit those
> lists?

No, and I sure wish I did.  afaict, since it says my own wireless network
is "trusted" it should be connecting automatically, but every time I have
to do it manually.  Which I think really means it's only "preferred".

> lørdag 22 april 2006 16:33 skrev Curt Howland:
>> On Friday 21 April 2006 18:25, Derek Broughton was heard to say:
>> > Three months ago, network-manager was _completely_ unworkable in
>> > Ubuntu. Today, it seems minimally useful.  I think it's a pretty
>> > safe bet that in a year it will be a good tool.
>>
>> This seems an excellent opportunity for sending some tangable thanks
>> to the network-manager developer(s). Just a thought.

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of constructive bug
reports.  :-)
--
derek