Re: network configuration

On Friday 21 April 2006 12:53, roberto wrote:
> hi all
> i'd like to know if there is some GUI in KDE 3.3 that lets me
> reconfigure the eth0 network interface each time i move from a network
> to another one, to set up again IP address, gateway ecc...

Do you really depend on a GUI? If not I would recommend using ifplugd and
maybe guessnet (if there are non-DHCP networks involved) to do it
automatically and in addition wpa_supplicant if there's a WLAN involved in
your setup.

(I would *not* recommend to use the new configuration scheme proposed by the
wpa_supplicant maintainers. It's not useful for a system in changing
environments. Use the "old" or "deprecated" init script. There's currently a
lot of discussion about this on the respective mailing list.)

Regards,

Felix