Re: problems upgrading to kde3.5.*

bali wrote:

> i am running sarge3.1 and on it i have KDE3.3.2 but i want to use
> Kmobiletools but i get a lot of dependency errors and issues when i
> install this deb package. I have Fedora core 4 on another hard-drive but
> its running KDE3.4.2 and when i installed kmobiletools on it, it worked
> with no complaints
>
> so what i need to know is howto make kmobiletools work on my sarge3.1

I think that you'ld be better off running sid when playing around with
advanced desktop communication (advanced for Gnu/Linux that is).
Bluetooth, syncing and mobile stuff is on a much more advanced level in sid.
My experience with sid on both my laptop and workstation is, that the
applications are generally stable enough (way more stable than Windoze
anyway), but that you have to be rather careful when updating, especially
dist-upgrading. The xorg blow-up of the last week is a testament to that.
Despite the odd hickup now and then benefits of sid stil by far outweighs
the disadvantages on a desk-/laptop.

regards
Jan
--
** Do not use the reply-to address. It'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: janATschledermann.or"REMOVE_THIS"g