Re: Dead keys not working in KDE

A Dilluns, 17 de Abril de 2006 19:04, Michael Schuerig va escriure:
> I'm trying to get dead keys to work in KDE (all the latest unstable
> packages, incl. xserver-xorg), but don't have any success. When I type
> <acute> followed by 'e', the first key stroke inserts nothing, the
> second inserts a plain 'e'. '`', '^', '~' are inserted immediately.
>
> That behavior is specific to KDE apps. In xterm, say, dead keys, and
> compose as well, behave as expected. In the KDE control center I've set
> country to "Germany"; language is set to "US English".
I've got the same trouble, since last upgrade accents doesn't work in kde
applications, but they work in Firefox for example.

> Excerpt from /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>         Driver          "kbd"
>         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
>         Option          "XkbOptions"    "compose:menu"
> EndSection
>
> $ locale
> LANG=POSIX
> LC_CTYPE=de_DE.iso885915@euro
> LC_NUMERIC=de_DE.iso885915@euro
> LC_TIME="POSIX"
> LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
> LC_MONETARY=de_DE.iso885915@euro
> LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
> LC_PAPER=de_DE.iso885915@euro
> LC_NAME=de_DE.iso885915@euro
> LC_ADDRESS=de_DE.iso885915@euro
> LC_TELEPHONE=de_DE.iso885915@euro
> LC_MEASUREMENT=de_DE.iso885915@euro
> LC_IDENTIFICATION=de_DE.iso885915@euro
> LC_ALL=

For trying to give more help if I execute konqueror from console and I try to
type an accent:
QInputContext: no input method context available

I don't know what can be, if somebody can help us it will be really useful.

Thanks!
--
Pinucset - Jordi Pina Estany
Mail/Jabber: pinucset[arroba]gmail[punt]com