KDE Panel Gears

Now have blues gears in panel for konsole, K-Mail,
Help, Home, konqbrowser referenced to this dir:
/usr/share/applnk/*. Found googling that Debian
changed the file path to usr/share/application/*...
I have the files in /usr/share/application/ but
googling didn't provide a solution. How do I get my
kde panel shortcut icons back to the default status.
Running kde desktop release 3.3.2. This all started
after a complete reinstall using deb woody cds and
upgrade to stable.
Plz copy me email address-not subscribed to eithe
list.
Thanks for any suggestions/solutions.
PS-these panel gears changed from blue to orange after
rming ~/.kde and ~/.kderc.