Re: Korganizer's printed calendars do not fit on a page

Am Donnerstag, 16. März 2006 15:06 schrieb Alex Nordstrom:
> Thursday, 16 March 2006 21:40, Frans Pop wrote:
> > This is not something that can be solved by Debian though. I suggest
> > checking if this issue has already been reported in the KDE bug
> > tracking system [1] and, if not, filing a bug report there.
>
> No, bugs in Debian should be reported through the Debian BTS. That,
> incidentally, is what it's there for.
>
> See http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/10/msg01235.html

That's exactly the reason why so many bugs rot in the BTS forever. On big
sources, it is almost impossible for the Debian-Maintainer on all changes to
close rather upstream related bugs.
What does he do then: he asks the only person that eventually reported it.
That person says that is uses Debian stable only and does not want to test
Debian stable.
So you want upstream bugs in the BTS closed after 2-3 years? Get real! Those
requesting such non-sense are the same persons that complain about
long-standing bugs in the BTS and that many bugs are left unanswered.

Upstreams does not look at the Debian BTS, so where's the gain? Additionally,
KDE has a nice bug reporting built-in.

HS

        oder über pgp.net