Re: Kaffeine

Tirsdag 28 februar 2006 01:44 skrev Matej Cepl:
> Anders E. Andersen wrote:
> > Some of them are way old, and simply doesn't apply to version 0.7.1 and
> > later. Some are problems with other packages. Some have already been
> > fixed and not closed on Debian.
>
> Well, the problem is that kaffeine's maintainer (originally, a student at
> the university where I study just now -- but he's already gone) is MIA.
> Does anybody know the procedure how to declare package as non-maitained,
> when the maintainer don't even bother to orphan it?

Did anyone try to email him?

Anyway, if it is unmaintained, it probably should not be in unstable either.
Still.. Plenty of packages have hundreds of old bugs hanging around and
nobody is complaining about those.. Sometimes I feel like the maintainers
have just given up.

Anders

--
 - Debian GNU/Linux - KDE 3.5.1 - KMail 1.9.1 -