Re: kdeprint error - kdeprint_lpd.la

> Center as user and selected the Peripherals->Printers.  It again gave me the
> above error - it was regularly giving me that error box three times, and then
> listing no printers.  For Print system currently used: it listed CUPS, but I
> decided it must think I was using lpd - I see no other reason to ask for
> kdeprint_lpd.la.  So, I chose CUPS again from the combo box, and ... behold,
> my printer is now available to my normal user.
>
> So, it works.  I don't know what fixed it.
>
> Josh

Well, I do. I had the same problem and searched my entire computer, all the .deb archives in my cache but this file
was nowhere to be found. Apearanty some invalid reference.

After reselecting CUPS as a normal user, just as suggested by Josh, the problem was gone so this solved the problem.

--
Groeten/Regards
Hans van Buitenen