RE: Re: Kaffeine

I second to that. Kaffeine is one of the most frustrating packages I came across under Linux: it would be such a nice piece of software if it only worked. The last version that was in a relatively good shape was 0.6.x. Since then it is really so crappy. And this this not the gstreamer's fault - Kaffeine crashes and freezes even with the default Xine engine vy itself.

I think Kaffeine is undermaintained and needs more help and developers, maybe an attention of the KDE project itself. There are outstanding bugs which no one cares about for hundreds of days which makes me think that Kaffeine becomes abandoned by its maintainers. This has forced me to fall back to KPlayer which is not that nice but at least works with some tweaking in obscure mplayer.conf files (to get subtitles with right fonts and placement in the blackband).

Good luck Kaffeine, I'll try again in a year or so :-)