Re: kruler

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 16:30, Peter Palm wrote:
> Op dinsdag 21 februari 2006 17:22, schreef roberto:
> > hello
> > i have to measure some distances on my screen using inches but my
> > kruler seems to support  only pixels... how can i change the unit of
> > measurement to inches?
> > i looked into the kde handbook and google a lot...
>
> Take a look at the output of the program xdpyinfo, it'll tell you the
> number of dots per inch.
>
> Just Divide the number of pixels by the amount given by xdpyinfo (86 in my
> case)
>
> You could of course request a new feature, but this is not the list to ask
> for that.

On the other hand, this is probably the right list to point out that the
description for Debian's kruler package says it supports inches, centimeters
and pixels:

Package: kruler
 Kruler is a screen ruler (supporting inches, centimeters, and pixels) and
 color measurement tool for KDE.
 .
 This package is part of KDE, as a component of the KDE graphics module.
 See the 'kde' and 'kdegraphics' packages for more information.

--
Miguel