urxvt not recognized AT ALL using kde ...

As a recent konvert to kde within the last six months i have been
impressed with how slick and developed this desktop has become compared
to the mess of bugginess that it was some years ago.

Now its just a matter of ironing out a few kinks that I can't seem to
find a solution to and are driving me nuts ... :/

perhaps the most conspicuous is that with  urxvt-unicode being
my favorite terminal it is NOT recognized by the kde desktop in that
it doesn't show up on the pager, windowlist menu, or taskbar, and when
I go to minimize it, it essential disappears into the abyss.  It's still
running since it shows up on a ps, but i haven't figured a way to
bring it back up yet.

This is obviously problematic and annoying as hell.

I'm not sure this if this is related to not being registered in utmp/wtmp
but I have followed all the directions of adding:

dpkg-statoverride --force --update --add root utmp 2755 /usr/bin/urxvt
dpkg-statoverride --force --update --add root utmp 2755 /usr/bin/urxvtd
dpkg-statoverride --force --update --add root utmp 2755 /usr/bin/urxvtc

urxvt apps as sgid root.

If anyone has any clue as to what the problem is, PLEASE let me know as
i haven't been able to find any info anywhere and I'd rather not bug
developers with a bug report if i don't have to.  Thanks in advanced.

arias