Re: Sound stopped working with kernels > 2.6.15

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 18:27, Pierre Habouzit wrote:

> sound initialization is related to hotplug and alike features, which
> udev provides. Your sound works fine when you force alsa reload,

Actually the snd modules are loaded during booting. They are there before I
log into KDE.

> because it forces the initialization of the modules that udev would
> have triggered automatically at boot time.

I just tried again to log into wmaker after booting and xmms works just fine.
I couldn't try juk from xmms because it gets loaded but doesn't show any
window, but even after artsd was loaded, xmms continued to work fine (I
suppose it uses artsd then?). When I start KDE, xmms stops working, too. It
says "sound off". This seems to have something to do with actually starting
KDE, not artsd.

Greetings,
Michael