Re: Sound stopped working with kernels > 2.6.15

Le Mer 22 Février 2006 18:22, Michael Thaler a écrit :
> On Wednesday 22 February 2006 17:50, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > are you using testing ? if yes, then try to use a 2.6.15 kernel
> > with the last udev from unstable.
>
> I use Debian SID. Do I need udev? Because I don't need it so far. (By
> the way, on Ubuntu sound works fine with Kernel 2.6.15, too, but I
> think Ubuntu uses udev)

sound initialization is related to hotplug and alike features, which
udev provides. Your sound works fine when you force alsa reload,
because it forces the initialization of the modules that udev would
have triggered automatically at boot time.

It's my understanding of your problem at least.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit