Re: kmail - phrases - bugs?

Dnia Thursday 16 February 2006 07:57, Alex Nordstrom napisał:
[cut]
First, thank you for your answer.

> I would classify this as a wishlist bug and clarify the wishes as:
>
> 1) Selecting dictionaries in the composer window should affect the set
>    of phrases used.

Well, actually I have thought of something simplier, as choosing language
based on some headers in original message, for example. My bet was
Content-type-encoding, but now I can see it is not enough. Any language can
have many encodings and many languages can have common encoding :\
So the point is how can I customize my phrases in answer basing on original
message. Using dictionary for that purpose ... Well ... I don't use
dictionary in fact. And even if I do, I will have to chose any manually,
which does not look good to me.

> 2) The %D variable (and other localisation-affected variables) should be
>    expanded according to the appropriate format for the language in
>    whose phrases it appears, regardless of the selected KDE or
>    command-line locale.

For that one I would say it is definitely a bug, because my whole system is
set to Polish locales (except some minot LC_*). Moreover, in KDE control
center (country/region and language) it is displayed as it should be (in
Polish).

> Now, there are one or two problems with these suggestions.
>
> Firstly, what happens when someone starts editing a message with one
> dictionary selected and then changes the dictionary? This should be
> possible to overcome using regular expressions.
>
> Secondly, language alone is not always sufficient to determine the
> appropriate date format. I am not sure what to suggest to overcome this
> obstacle. Perhaps someone with more experience in localisation issues
> could weigh in on the matter?

Please look above.

Best regards,
Robert

W polskim Internecie są setki milionów stron. My przekazujemy Tobie tylko najlepsze z nich!
http://katalog.panoramainternetu.pl/