Re: Why system:/media contains many old non-existen files?

Carlos Carrascal wrote:

> 2006/2/14, Pavel ?imerda <pavel.simerda.lists@centrum.cz>:
>> I opened system:/media and I have there many harddisk partitions as
>> Unmounted Hard Disk Volume... Most of them don't really exists and they
>> are *not* in /etc/fstab.
>>
>> Pavel
>>

> Maybe it's a silly answer... but did you tried to delete them?

Have _you_ tried to delete anything in media:/?

I only have one of these spurious entries "media:/music" - there _is_ in
fact an fstab entry for the partition, so I can't see why it differs from
the entries for "media:/" and "media:/boot", which show as mounted
partitions.  If I try to delete the "media:/music" entry, it says "Could
not delete file media:/sda1.".  If I click on it, it says "Could not mount
device. The reported error was:
mount: according to mtab, /dev/sda1 is already mounted
on /home/derek/Desktop/Music
mount failed"

I can't figure out where the media entries come from - I have far more
partitions than are shown (though the others are all LVM), but I can rename
the entries in media: (the "music" one used to have another name).
--
derek