Re: kwallet not accessible after dbus restart

On Monday 13 February 2006 19:47, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can anyone else confirm this:
> * open kwalletmanager and look if the wallet is visible
> * close the window
> * run as root: /etc/init.d/dbus restart
> * open kwalletmanager and look if the wallet is visible
>
> Here, it is now gone and no app (e.g. kmail) can access it anymore :-(
>
> So: this breaks _any_(!) KDE session by just installing e.g. bluez-pin.
> GREAT! This is probably due to incorrectly depending on environment
> variables for a system service, wrong approach I'd say.
>
> But where shall I report this too? (What KDE application?)

My guess: some kded modules has a connection to the systembus, very likely
mediamanager or medianotifier, and the bus restart kills  kded, thus taking
any kded service down as well (the wallet is a kded module)

Could be verified if for example cookies are off as well.

Cheers,
Kevin