Re: Customized meta data: Is there a generalized equivalent for something like digikam?

On Friday 10 February 2006 16:10, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It just came to my mind, that it would be a terrific help with
> keeping track of my research data, if there was something analogous
> with digikam but with a much less file type specialized scope. An
> aplication that reads in a defined part of your file system and
> allows you to create custom metadata (kept in a parallel db
> structure) to your files:
> - pdf x was suggested reading by y and bred idea z
> - image a was aquired from experiment b under conditions c.
> Conlcusion from it is d. Follow up experiment can be found under e.

Probably not exactly what you have in mind, but I just stumbled upon
kdissert, a sort of mind mapping tool.  Version 0.3.8 is in sarge,
version 1.05 in unstable.

apt-cache show kdissert for a short description
Homepage: http://freehackers.org/~tnagy/kdissert/

There are also freemind and vym, but they have dependencies in unstable.

HTH

--
Bud Rogers	<budr@netride.net>	 KD5SZ