Re: American keyboard

On Saturday 04 February 2006 9:00 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:

>         Option          "XkbOptions"    "compose:caps,ctrl:ctrl_aa,\
> lv3:ralt_switch,grp_led:scroll,grp:shifts_toggle"
> EndSection
>
> (and of course switch off all stuff in KDE Control Center).
>
> What does it do?

Well, I flipped it around, "us,es" because Spanish is my "alternate" keyboard,
but I did try just that.  It doesn't seem to have done anything at all.  No
change in keyboard behavior.  Even just running an xterm in a simple xinit
session to rule out any KDE involvement.

Oh well. I'm familiar with what I have to do to get the right characters to
come out in the languages I write, even if it feels like it's probably
broken.

Thanks for trying, and I will stop hijacking this thread now.  I hope the OP
solved his problem once and for all.

--
D. Michael 'Silvan' McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>

Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/