Re: seg fault and panic after upgrading to kde 3.5.1 in dapper

On Thursday 02 February 2006 14:46, Bas Spitters wrote:

> After upgrading to kde 3.5.1 in kubuntu dapper and restarting I get:
> uncompressing linux
> segmentation fault
> ....(10x ?)
> segmentation fault
> 0segmentation fault 		(notice the 0)
>
> and more panic.
>
> Could this be caused by the upgrade? I am surprised, but it's the
> only explanation I have.
>
> What can I do now, except from a complete reinstall (to Breezy!) ?

I presume this is an error you are getting during boot up (long before
KDE has done anything).  So you've got a bad kernel, but normally
Ubuntu/Debian has lots of spare kernels.  Choose one of the fallback
kernels (from the 'grub' menu at the very beginning of boot up), and
see how you get on.

Luke

--
"In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to
finding a cure for jerks." (Calvin and Hobbes)

Luke Plant || L.Plant.98 (at) cantab.net || http://lukeplant.me.uk/