RE: KOffice 1.5 beta1 (+SVN) available

Good work but...

Don't take me wrong - I am a big fan of Koffice. But this version can hardly be called a betaversion:

KWord:
- normally typed text is scrambled will red-blue vertical lines. It made no sense to proceed any further with testing.

Krita: I am putting high hopes in Krita and specially the CMYK thing. However, most filters operate only in 8-bit RGB, simple Gaussian blur sent the program to hell, many arbitrary filters crashed the program or caused nonsense results.

I uderstand that developers can not catch all bugs themselves. But they must at least try the essential functionality. IMHO presenting software in such state makes no good to anybody and leads to total frustration. This is trully an experimental version, please do not put this in unstable where things are already supposed to mostly work.

Still, I hope one day Koffice will beat the competition but there is apparently a long way.

Regards

Krystof