Re: Control key problem

Em Quarta 28 Dezembro 2005 01:59, o David Pastern escreveu:
> On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 09:33 +1100, Halestino Pimentel wrote:

> > > Out of curiousity, does the problem persist:
> > >
> > > 1.  If you boot into single user mode (ie. no X)?
> >
> > No. In tty1 to tty6 there isn't any problem.
>
> OK, so it's either an X issue, or it's a desktop environment issue (ie.
> it's not a shell issue).
>
> > > 2.  If you plug in an external keyboard?
> >
> > I can't test that option 'cause I don't have any external keyboard with
> > me. Perhaps only after tomorrow.
>
> OK!
>
> > > My guess is it's an X issue, try doing a dpkg-reconfigure whilst in
> > > single user mode on these packages:
> > >
> > > x11-common
> > > xserver-xorg
> > > xserver-common
> >
> > I reconfigured all packages and changing some options but the problem
> > persists :-(
>
> Bugger!
>
> > > Does the problem persist in other desktop environments, ie. Gnome, XFCE
> > > etc?
> >
> > No. Just in KDE. In Gnome, the key behaves just fine.
>
> OK, here's our first clue - it's a KDE issue only.  Try creating a new
> test user, and log in as that user, does the issue persist?  Try moving
> the ~/.kde folder to another location and logging out and back in, does
> the problem persist?

Creating a new test user and logging in as that user, the key behaves just
fine.
By moving the ~/.kde folder to another location, logging out and back in the
problem persists.

> > > That's about all I can honestly think of trying/checking, hopefully it
> > > sheds some more light on the problem.
> >
> > All contributions help. Thanks.
> >
> > > Dave
>
> You're welcome!
>
> > One more strange discovery:
> > - when I'm editing some text, if I want to jump between words (using
> > CRTL_right + left (or right) cursor key) the cursor stays in the same
> > place blinking (ab)normally.
> > If I use the Shift key with left (or right) cursor key selecting some
> > text and start pressing the CONTROL-left key I begin to select word by
> > word, which is normal. Unpressing the shift key, but still pressing
> > CONTROL_left and left (or right) cursor key, the CONTROL_left key behaves
> > normally making the cursor jump to the beginning of the next word which
> > is the expected behavior. If I release the CONTROL_left key, and press it
> > again, the cursor stays still again :-(
> > Seems like the Shift key is responsible for "unblocking" the CONTROL_left
> > key. Is there any bad configuration in Control Center that I could have
> > made?
> >
> > Halestino
>
> Odd, what application is this (kwrite?)?  You might want to check and
> make sure that you have all of the appropriate kde metapackages
> installed (and at the same versions).

All applications: kwrite, Kmail, oo, mozilla-firefox (with the CONTROL+t
combination to open new tab or CONTROL+w to close tab),...

I don't know if there is a specific command to test if all the appropriate
metapackages installed, but issuing a dpkg -l in some packages (kdebase,
kdenetwork, kdeaddons, etc.) I get for all the same version: 3.5.0-1.

Halestino