Control key problem

Hi all,

I have a HP Pavilion DV4285EA laptop and I'm with a problem: when KDE starts,
my left control key acts strange. For example:
- the left CONTROL key don't react to a CONTROL+C;
- in Konsole, to open a new command line, if I issue, in order,
(left)CONTROL+ALT+N nothing happens, but if I issue, in order,
ALT+(left)CONTROL+N, a new command line is open;
With the right CONTROL key, there isn't any problem.
This problem only occurs in KDE, since in tty1-6 the all CONTROL keys work
100%.
The keyboard model configured in Control Center is Pc with 105 keys (Intl)
generic and the keyboard map is pt. I tried other models and the probem
persists.
I would appreciate any hint to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance,

Halestino