Re: The shell appears when opening KDE or Gnome

Hi Matej,

Thank for your help (and patience)!

2005/12/24, Matej Cepl <ceplm@seznam.cz>:
> Go to your $HOME directory and run
>
> grep terminal .*
>
> What's the result?

I reinstalled Linux. I was not willing to do that because it's a long
task since I have to install all packages from the Internet. I left my
computer working over night and this morning the installation got
completed.

> OK, do you have installed X.org or XFree86? Try (in X)
>
> xdpyinfo | grep vendor
>
> What's the result?

With the reinstalled system, it's XFree86, which I think is the same
as before the reinstallation. (Note: very nice command, xdpyinfo :-)

Thank you Matej! I could not resist reinstalling the system, but at
least I did some hack and learned a lot! Next time I get into trouble
I will be a bit more able to fix things.

Célio Cidral Jr