Re: The shell appears when opening KDE or Gnome

Célio Cidral Junior wrote:
> My machine runs Debian Sarge. I'm having a problem with both KDE and
> Gnome. When I start a normal session of KDE or Gnome, a shell window
> appears instead of the desktop itself. If I type 'exit', it comes back
> to the log on screen. If I log on Gnome in security mode, the desktop
> appears right and everything works fine.
>
> Does anyone knows how can I fix it?

Looks like some leftover from previous running of Linux -- do you have
some .xsessionrc or something like that floating around?

Matej

[...] an old man recently told me "Son, I've learned something
new every day of my life, and I'm getting damn tired of it."