Re: fonts in msttcorefonts appear blank

When I installed the msttcorefonts package yesterday, it installed the fonts as msttcorefonts, meaning the .ttf files live under /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts and xlsfonts reports the fonts as -msttcorefonts-blah-

Where I am stuck is that these fonts aren't visible to the naked eye when selected in xfontsel or used in xterm.

Leni

Josh Metzler wrote:
On Wednesday 07 December 2005 05:14 pm, Leni Mayo wrote:
> Hi -
> > I've just done:
>   apt-get install msttcorefonts
> and the fonts seemed to install fine. The fonts are being served by > xfstt, and
>   $ xlsfonts | grep msttcorefonts
> lists all the -msttcorefonts-blah-
> > But in xfontsel, the window pane that normally shows the font symbols > appears blank! Likewise, in
>   $ xterm  -fn '-msttcorefonts-courier \
>                   new-bold-r-normal-bold-0-0-0-0-m-0-iso8859-'
> the cursor moves when I tap the keyboard but I don't see any characters.
> > Any ideas on how to debug this? Do I need to do some additonal > configuration after installing msttcorefonts? > > Leni.

That is to say, all my msttcorefonts start with -microsoft-*. Of course, I installed them almost 3 years ago, so maybe something has changed since then. Or maybe the new installer is broken?

Josh